12 thoughts on “Learning About San Francisco

1. I learn about the Golden Gate in, San Francisco had a huge party. Lots of people crowded together on the Golden Gate Bridge. They wanted to be a part of the history of the bridge. The crowd broke all the records. There were many more people than anyone expected The party was for the 50th anniversary of the bridge opening. The Golden Gate Bridge was famous when it was built. Today, it is still very popular in San Francisco.

I Learn about the earthquake in San Francisco in 1906 was the largest city and most important port on the Pacific Coast, the financial center of the West, the ninth-largest city in the United States. The Palace was the biggest hotel in the West.
    San Francisco had the most populous Chinatown outside of Asia, the U.S. Mint at Fifth and Mission streets was the largest in the world, and in its vaults was $222 million in gold, one-third of the country’s gold supplies.
    San Francisco

2. Today I learned about San Francisco. I learned that the transamerica pyramid is the tallest building in San Francisco and norther California.Also that gold was discovered in 1848.And that two hundred and fifty thousend people became homeless after the earthquake.

3. Today I do research about san Francisco. 1906 was the most important port on
    The pacific coast. The palace was the biggest hotel in the west. San Francisco has the
    most populous china town out side of Asia. I also learn about the golden bridge I know
    that in 1920 the engineer and bridge builder Joseph Strauss became convince that a bridge
    should be constructed across the golden gate.

4. Cheng Xiong
    Period: 3-4

Do you know how old is the Golden Gate Bridge? The Golden Gate Bridge was finished in 1937. The bridge is over a mile I guess. Underneath is the ocean and there are plant and flower by the shore. There are even beach. There are a big earthquake in San Francisco in 1906.

5. Kiayang

Period3.4

Do you know how long the golden get E Bridge? It was building in 19 someone and it was finish in 1937. the bridge was over one mile.They wanted to be a part of the history of the bridge. Lots of people crowded together on the Golden Gate bridge.

6. today i learned about golden gate bridge was have finished in 1937 and learned about Alcatraz island is a small island in the middle of San Francisco bay. I Learn about the earthquake in San Francisco in 1906 was the largest city and most important port on the Pacific Coast, the financial center of the West, the ninth-largest city in the United States.

7. Ong Thao
    5/25/10
    Today, I learned about San Francisco the pacific ocean is to the west and the San Francisco Bay is to the east. Also I learned about china town and I see a lot of people walking around to see something they like. One thing I learned about San Francisco is the fourth most population city in California. Also I learned about some Latino roots and a gritty bohemian subculture. And San Francisco in the morning sun lifts the city legendary curtain of fog, the stage is set for one heck of an amazing day.

8. Did you know many interesting facts about San Francisco? San Francisco had a huge party. Lots of people crowded together on the Golden Gate Bridge. They wanted to be a part the history of the Bridge. That Golden Gate Bridge very famous in the United States. Anyone wanted to travel in this Bridge look how to popular. Because that bridge very long and have the red colored anything in the bridge so beautiful.

9. Tri huynh
    per; 3-4

Today, I learned about San Francisco had the most populous Chinatown outside of Asia, the U.S. Mint at first and mission streets was the largest in the world. Another San Francisco had been a U.S. city for not quite 60 years. Another San Francisco’s Mission District main tainted a precarious balance between its colorful lotion roast and a gritty bohemian subculture

10. i about the golden gate bridage has called one of the world’s most beautiful bridges. it is about nine million people like to visit the bridde each year………

11. i learn that san francisco in 1906 was the largest city and most important port on the pacific coast.i also learn that san francisco was the largest city in united states.San francisco had been a u.s city for not quit 60 years,but by the turn of the 20th century, it’s was world famous city.

12. Pathy
    Period 3-4
    Chinatown
    Is Chinatown in San Francisco is similar to china?
    Chinatown is similar to china. I am going to write about Chinese
    History, holiday, and store.

The first category I will write about is history. In 1848, the first Chinese travel to San Francisco; they are one woman and two men. The Chinese culture is the group family name joined one group. The children’s toys are yoyos, tops, jump ropes, kites, and Chinese checkers.

The other category is holiday. In 6-7 days of January they celebrate their new years. The dragon boat festival many people watched though the streets under this colorful dragon. In wedding children must to wear their cloth also adult and hair style.

The last category is about store. In restaurant Chinese have their food they also have Chinese medicine. The vegetable stand has spices and medicine. In the laundries, it has Chinese medicine and sold tea.